I managed to blot out the sound of rooks
circling high above the substation and the distant
choral white noise of the ocean for a few minutes
to fall in love with these gems.
13. Carn by Kemper Norton
12. The Disintegration Loops Box Set by William Basinski
11. Summer Special by Euros Childs
10. Shields by Grizzly Bear
9. Abul Mogard by Abul Mogard
8. Pardiba EP by Synek
7. Red Night by TVO
6. Ekstasis by Julia Holter
5. The Belbury Tales by Belbury Poly
4. Novaya Zemlya by Thomas Köner
3. Clutch it Like A Gonk by Moon Wiring Club
2. Sleep Games by Pye Corner Audio
1.The Ghosts of Bush by Robin the Fog
Ghosts of Bush is a stunningly immersive work that, brick by brick, built a sonic cathedral around my ears. Surfaces and textures evolve from disparate pieces into a living, breathing thing. The biological memory of a space, the fleshy interpretation of a sonic event, recorded and experienced. I’m struggling to describe how captivating it is, but Simon Reynolds has described this as the ‘ultimate Hauntological artefact’. Which is pretty much what I have been trying to say, but phrased in a more perceptive and astute manner, obviously.
(Re- Blogged from: GeographyTripping)
BIG THANKS to THE GEOGRAPHY TRIP for helping make our 2012 a success!